Providing Babysitters and Childcare Rental equipment since 2006!
2. The agency carries out interviews, verifies references and police checks to ensure that all proposed babysitters meet our standards. We will forward the details of available babysitters and it is the parents sole decision to engage and employ the babysitter. It is the employers responsibility to ensure they comply with their legal obligations.
3. As a childcare introduction agency only we do not employ the babysitters and they are therefore not covered under our insurance. Babysitters introduced to parents by Baby-Cham are responsible for their own public liability insurance and tax affairs.
4. It is the parents responsibility to ensure they have suitable family travel insurance, health care cover and liability insurance in place. In the unlikely event that anything happens to your children or property while in care, the parent will be expected to claim on their own insurance. The parent relieves Baby-Cham of any liability for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property arising from the temporary engagement of the babysitter by the parent.
5. The parent agrees to provide the babysitter and the agency with details of any health and safety or other risks known to the parent, be it with the residing property or the child/children.
6. Once a booking is agreed a Reservation Fee (agency fee) of the total hours booked will be taken via a PayPal invoice by email to confirm the booking. This Reservation Fee is non refundable once paid and the agency fee. The booking is not confirmed until the reservation fee is paid, last minute bookings must make this a priority to ensure the babysitter is secured.
7. Babysitters must be paid for the contracted hours booked by the parent (employer). Additional hours are to be agreed by the babysitter and parent. If you decide that you no longer need the babysitter on a specific day once the booking has commenced, the babysitter still needs to be paid for the full hours agreed, unless the babysitter is able to change those hours for a different day. Hourly fees are rounded up to the nearest half hour.
8. We will endeavour to provide the same nanny for the entire booking. However, in some cases e.g. illness, it may be necessary for a last minute replacement nanny to be provided or to complete the booking (even if the original nanny has already started). This will not be accepted as a reason to cancel the booking and no monies will be refunded in this case.
9. Cancellations by us: The reservation fee pays for the agencies work in finding/organising/background checking the babysitters. Any reservation fee paid is non refundable except in the unlikely event of Baby-Cham.com being unable to provide a sitter for any agreed/confirmed booking. In this case Baby-Cham's liability will be limited to the return of any deposit already paid.
If your child is sick or has a contagious disease during your holiday, then the babysitter reserves the right to cancel part or all of your booking. In this case no refund will be given.
10. Cancellations by you: Due to commitments already made to the babysitters, for bookings cancelled within 7 days of the babysitter's start date, 50% of the babysitters wage will still be charged. For bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the babysitter's start time, 100% the babysitters wage will be payable. If your child is sick and you cancel the nanny you will still need to pay for the booked allocated time. In this case we can provide you with a receipt so that you can claim on your travel insurance.
11. By requesting a booking, you are giving Baby-Cham.com permission to retain your information for the duration of the booking.
12. All reservation fee payments will be taken by Baby-Cham via PayPal email invoicing. Baby-Cham does not handle babysitters pay. Payments for babysitters should be made directly to the babysitter. Tips are allowed to be given directly to babysitters at the clients discretion.
13. Our 'babysitter to child ratio' is as follows:
Children 3 years and under = 1 babysitter for up to 2 children - €21.50 per hour
Children over 3 years = 1 babysitter for up to 2 children - €19.50 per hour for 3 children - €20.50 per hour
Special needs children may need a specialised ratio, please contact us for details.
14. Calls to/from Baby-Cham will not be recorded.
15. Baby-Cham cannot be held responsible for any losses due to adverse weather conditions, public transport or sickness of babysitters. We will endeavour to support the parent and babysitter throughout the booking but unfortunately no compensation will be claimable from Baby-Cham for any financial loss incurred due to the above.
16. By confirming your booking through Baby-Cham.com the parent is deemed to have agreed and accepted all of the above terms and conditions.