2. The agency carries out interviews, verifies references and police checks of all babysitters and such information will be made available to the client if required. The client agrees that they have the sole responsibility in deciding to engage the babysitter.
3. As a childcare introduction agency only we do not employ the babysitters and they are therefore not covered under our insurance. Babysitters introduced by Baby-Cham to clients are responsible for their own public liability insurance and tax affairs.
4. We can only provide a babysitter if the client has suitable family travel insurance, health care cover and liability insurance in place. In the unlikely event that anything happens to your children or property while in care, the client will be expected to claim on their own insurance. The client relieves the agency of any liaility for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property arising from the temporary engagement of the babysitter by the client.
5. The client agrees to provide the babysitter and the agency with details of any health and safety or other risks known to the client, be it with the residing property or the child/children.
6. Once a booking is agreed a Reservation Fee (agency fee) of the total hours booked will be taken via a PayPal invoice by email to confirm the booking. This Reservation Fee is non refundable once paid and the agency fee. The booking is not confirmed until the reservation fee is paid, last minute bookings must make this a priority to ensure the babysitter is secured.
7. Babysitters must be paid for the contracted hours booked. Additional hours are to be agreed by the babysitter and parent. If you decide that you no longer need the babysitter on a specific day once the booking has commenced, the baby sitter still needs to be paid for the full hours agreed, unless the babysitter is able to change those hours for a different day. Hourly fees are rounded up to the nearest half hour.
8. We will endeavour to provide the same nanny for the entire booking. However, in some cases e.g. illness, it may be necessary for a last minute replacement nanny to be provided or to complete the booking (even if the original nanny has already started). This will not be accepted as a reason to cancel the booking and no monies will be refunded in this case.
9. Cancellations by us: The reservation fee pays for the agencies work in finding/organising/background checking the babysitters. Any reservation fee paid is non refundable except in the unlikely event of Baby-Cham.com being unable to provide a sitter for any agreed/confirmed booking. In this case Baby-Cham's liability will be limited to the return of any deposit already paid.
If your child is sick or has a contagious disease during your holiday, then the nanny reserves the right to cancel part or all of your booking. In this case no refund will be given.
10. Cancellations by you: Due to commitments already made to the babysitters, for bookings cancelled within 7 days of the babysitter's start date, 50% of the babysitters wage will still be charged. For bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the babysitter's start time, 100% the babysitters wage will be payable. If your child is sick and you cancel the nanny you will still need to pay for the booked allocated time. In this case we can provide you with a receipt so that you can claim on your travel insurance.
11. By requesting a booking, you are giving Baby-Cham.com permission to retain your information for the duration of the booking.
12. All reservation fee payments will be taken by Baby-Cham via PayPal email invoicing. Baby-Cham does not handle babysitters pay. Payments for babysitters should be made directly to the babysitter in cash. Tips are allowed to be given directly to babysitters at the guardians discretion.
13. Our 'babysitter to child ratio' is as follows:
Children 2 years and under = 1 babysitter for up to 2 children - €19.50 per hour
Children over 2 years = 1 babysitter for up to 2 children - €19.50 per hour for 3 children - €20.50 per hour
Special needs children may need a specialised ratio, please contact us for details.
14. Calls to/from Baby-Cham will not be recorded.
15. By confirming your booking through Baby-Cham.com the client is deemed to have accepted all of the above terms and conditions.
Providing Babysitters and Childcare Rental equipment since 2006!