2. We carry out interviews and verifies references and police checks to ensure that all proposed babysitters meet our standards. We will forward the details of available babysitters, but it is the parents sole decision to engage and employ the babysitter. It is the employers responsibility to ensure that they comply with their legal obligations.
3. As a childcare introduction service only, we do not employ the babysitters and they are therefore not covered under our insurance. Babysitters introduced to parents by Baby-Cham are responsible for their own public liability insurance and tax affairs.
4. It is the parents responsibility to ensure that they have suitable family travel insurance, health care cover and liability insurance in place*. In the unlikely event that anything happens to your children or property while in care, the parent will be expected to claim on their own insurance. The parent relieves Baby-Cham of any liability for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property arising from the temporary engagement of the babysitter by the parent.
*It is important to take out private medical and travel insurance. If your child is involved in an accident, or causes an accident or injury, property damage or money loss to a third party through negligence, Baby-Cham takes no responsibility and will not be liable to pay any damages or costs.
5. The parent agrees to provide the babysitter and the agency with details of any health and safety or other risks known to the parent, whether in relation to the residing property or the child/children.
6. Once a booking is agreed, a Reservation Fee (Baby-Cham's fee) of the total hours booked will be taken via a PayPal invoice by email to confirm the booking. This Reservation Fee is non-refundable once paid and the agency fee. The booking is not confirmed until the reservation fee is paid, last minute bookings must make this a priority to ensure the babysitter is secured.
7. Babysitters must be paid for the contracted hours booked by the parent (employer). Additional hours are to be agreed by the babysitter and parent. If you decide that you no longer need the babysitter on a specific day once the booking has commenced, the babysitter still needs to be paid for the full hours agreed, unless the babysitter is able to change those hours for a different day. Hourly fees are rounded up to the nearest half hour.
8. We will endeavour to provide the same nanny for the entire booking. However, in some cases e.g. illness, it may be necessary for a last minute replacement nanny to be provided or to complete the booking (even if the original nanny has already started). This will not be accepted as a reason to cancel the booking and no monies will be refunded in this case.
9. Cancellations by us: The reservation fee pays for the agencies work in finding/organising/background checking the babysitters. Any reservation fee paid is non refundable except in the unlikely event of Baby-Cham.com being unable to provide a sitter for any agreed/confirmed booking. In this case Baby-Cham's liability will be limited to the return of any deposit already paid.
If your child is sick or has a contagious disease during your holiday, then the babysitter reserves the right to cancel part or all of your booking. In this case no refund will be given.
10. Cancellations by you: Due to commitments already made to the babysitters, for bookings cancelled within 7 days of the babysitter's start date, 50% of the babysitters wage will still be charged. For bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the babysitter's start time, 100% the babysitters wage will be payable. If your child is sick and you cancel the nanny you will still need to pay for the booked allocated time. In this case we can provide you with a receipt so that you can claim on your travel insurance.
11. Covid Cancellations. The deposit you pay is non-refundable. In the event of a lockdown in France or on the French borders (no entry to France) we will issue a credit equal to your deposit against any future booking with Baby-Cham. Your deposit will be held with us and upon re-scheduling next time we will use this towards your reservation fee only.
If you cancel your booking due to you or a member of your group contracting Covid point 10 applies, full payment needs to be made to the nanny. If we cancel you due to the nanny contracting Covid we will endeavour to replace the nanny, if we can not then point 9 applies. In the event of a refund being made for specific purposes decided by Baby-Cham an administration fee of €30 will be charged.
12. By requesting a booking, you are giving Baby-Cham.com permission to retain your information for the duration of the booking.
13. All reservation fee payments will be taken by Baby-Cham via PayPal email invoicing. Baby-Cham does not handle babysitters pay. Payments for babysitters should be made directly to the babysitter. Tips are allowed to be given directly to babysitters at the clients discretion.
14. Calls to/from Baby-Cham will not be recorded.
15. Baby-Cham cannot be held responsible for any losses due to adverse weather conditions, public transport or sickness of babysitters. We will endeavour to support the parent and babysitter throughout the booking but unfortunately no compensation will be claimable from Baby-Cham for any financial loss incurred due to the above.
16. Babysitters can not take children skiing or collect them whilst on their skis. They can not take children in their cars, transport is via bus, train or foot.
16. By confirming your booking through Baby-Cham.com the parent is deemed to have agreed and accepted all of the above terms and conditions.